Beauties of Lake District

Hello everybody!

Today I would like to write something about Lake District. I actually fell in love with this place when I was there in April  with my friends on a school trip and I want to share my feelings with you guys.

So, for people who don't know what and where the Lake District is….it is a region in North West England and it is also National Park of England and popular holiday destination for many people. This area is famous for its lakes, forests and mountains and it is also known as the Lakeland. In fact, the countryside is what I liked the most there.

lake Derwentwater
This place is associated with English literature too. The most popular poet was William Wordsworth who wrote a poem „ I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud“ which was inspired by daffodils on the shores of Ullswater. Personally I love this poem so much and I think this one describes Lake District perfectly ( I recommend you to read it). Lake District’s natural beauty was also an inspiration for Beatrix Potter to write her much-loved story called "Peter Rabbit"… I am sure you know this one.

Lake District is a perfect destination where you should travel if you are interested in North England. There are many beautiful lakes and you can go on boat cruise there. It is nice experience if you are not sick because of it....just like me. There are some local shops where you can buy postcards or some souvenirs. What I really fell in love with was the beautiful and pure nature around. But I think that every place have something bad too and for me it was the cold and wind…..especially on the boat. But it wasn’t that terrible. 


At the end I would like to tell you something about the lovely town where we stayed for a night when we visited Lake District. This town is called Keswick and there is a lake Derwentwater nearby (first picture). What I really liked about Keswick was the calm Atmosphere of an older North English town. I felt like I was a part of Pride and Prejudice story from Jane Austine. 

street in Keswick


I hope you enjoyed reading this article and that you will have a chance to visit Lake District by yourself.


See you next time,


Veronika :) 








https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_District
http://www.lakedistrict.gov.uk/




Komentáře

  1. Hi, I agree with you that Lake District is beautiful place to visit. I have got a lot memories of this place. I think that Keswick is the most beautiful place, because as you, I liked the atmosphere. It is very beautiful place where to go.

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. Hello Veronika. I really like your post. I must agree with you - Lake District is amazing and it is a great place where you can think and clear your mind.

    OdpovědětVymazat
  3. Tento komentář byl odstraněn autorem.

    OdpovědětVymazat
  4. Hello my friend, I'm glad I've read this. I like your blog post; Lake District is beautiful. Do you remember how we went for a night walk after the dinner? The atmosphere was super great. Looking forward to read your post! Your friend Sara from http://thewarmestcolors.wordpress.com

    OdpovědětVymazat
    Odpovědi
    1. Hi Sára, of course I remember our night walk. It was wonderful. Thank you for a nice comment.

      Vymazat
  5. Hi beautie!
    At first I must say I like your post so much! I felt like I am back there when I was reading it. So thank you for reminding me how amazing the school trip was!
    I can see that you are interested in literature, am I right? By the way, I love the poem by W. Wordsworth too. I agree with you - it perfectly describes the area of Lake District and it is so calming. I mean, his words really worth. :)
    Eva ♡

    OdpovědětVymazat
    Odpovědi
    1. Hi sweetie!
      Thank you for your nice comment. I am glad you like my post and that it reminds you our trip. I really enjoyed it there with you (and others).
      Oh yes, I like the literature so much and I think we have the same flair in this (authors and books).
      V. :)

      Vymazat
  6. Great. Love it. Personal, interesting to read.

    OdpovědětVymazat

Okomentovat

Populární příspěvky z tohoto blogu

Milie Bobby Brown as Eleven in 'Stranger Things'

Tower Bridge

Joanne Rowling